Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I am a Christian

I am a Christian. Some people think that because of this I am a close minded fool. But I'm not. Just because my belief is different than yours does not make me wrong. I love all of Gods children even if they don't love or believe in Him. Why? Because He loves me and teaches me to love others. Do I disagree with the way some people live their lives? Absolutely. Do I think they are sinning? Yep! But do I judge them? Absolutely not. Because I know that there is no sin greater than another and if God forgives me and loves me in spite of MY sins than I better give that same consideration to every one else. I do not believe that by calling people sinners and throwing the Bible at them will bring them close to God at all. I believe it will push them away from Him and I never ever want to be part of why someone does not come to God. I believe that by living my life as a Christian and letting my friends and family see that and know of my beliefs through my words and actions of love, not hate, will be more beneficial to bringing them to Christianity than anything else. I am not perfect. I have a lot of growing left but I do try to live my life according to His word. I make mistakes. I sin. I make bad choices. But I'm trying. Some Christians think I am in the wrong for being accepting of others they deem sinners. Others call me a hypocrite because I do or says things they think are wrong. Even some that I defend call me names for believing in Christ no matter how accepting of them I am. Well for all of those that judge me that is fine. I will pray for you even more. And my prayer is that for them to know how greatly God loves them and wants them at His side and for them to accept Jesus Christ as their savior. I am no scholar, I'm not the smartest person out there and I can't quote you the bible front to back. But what I can tell you all is He does love you and He does not want a single one of us to die. Through Christ Jesus we have life ever lasting. This is the truth. This is the only way. That is my honest belief and my most fond hope is for the ones I love to come to know this and accept this. What is better than this type of love? Nothing! He loved us so much he sent His son to die for all of us. As a parent this literally makes me cry. To know you are sending your only child to die for a people that not only do not believe in Him but who some actually curse the name of? How utterly heartbreaking! Jesus died, and not an easy death but one of the most degrading deaths of all time, just for us. For me. And for you! So that we can have forgiveness. How truly amazing is that! He loved me enough, with all the things I have done wrong in my life, to be crucified. How can I not give Him the few small things He asks of me? They are not hard, they do not hurt or hinder me. I just must accept and love Jesus Christ as my savior and love my brothers and sisters as myself! To me its so simple. I don't understand why its so hard for others to accept. But I know it is. It hurts me to see my loved ones living a life away from God. Knowing that their hearts are in the wrong place. I pray for them daily. Even more than I pray for my brothers and sisters who are in Christ. And yet even as I pray for some I am mocked by both them and the ones who say they are in Christ. How sad and hypocritical is that? The world today is a scary place full of every sin and debauchery it can possibly hold. But I know that with Him by my side there is nothing it can do to me to break me because He has already conquered the world. I long for the day that I stand with Him and He tells me Well done my good and faithful servant. That will be the day that all of my pain, all of my sadness, all of my trials and tribulations will be awarded. That will be the day that I am justified. That I am forgiven. When Jesus declares my debts and sins paid! I can think of no finer praise than for His hand on my shoulder telling me Welcome home my special child. For I am His. He loves me more than any parent has ever loved their child. He knew me before the world existed, knew me so well in fact that every hair on my head has been accounted for. How awesome is that? To be loved and cherished that much? Especially w hen I have done absolutely nothing to deserve it? When in truth I have done everything to not deserve His love? But He loves me and wants me anyways? No finer love is there anywhere indeed! And the truth of the matter is, He loves each and every one of us the same. Even those who aren't even trying to follow His word. He wants you so very much. He died for you and cries out for you to come to Him. I know that this note will offend some of you and I am sorry for that but I am even sorrier for the fact that your eyes are that blind and your heart is that hardened that you can't accept my note as a note from my heart meant with nothing but love and good intentions. I pray for you, even if you don't want me to. But for all that I may offend maybe I will reach just one who might come to know God. Or not. I am no preacher. I do not have all the words to say to make myself sound smart or wise. I am but a humble servant trying to spread His word. And I will continue to express Gods love for us all until my last day. I want my friends and family with me in Paradise. I have lost too many that I will never see again and that is one of the saddest things I've ever known. My prayer for you all is this. My dear heavenly father, I ask of you to watch over those who are lost. I ask that you intervene in their minds and hearts so that they may know the true meaning behind your sacrifice. That they may know and accept your love and accept Jesus Christ as their one and only savior. Please keep them safe for as long as it takes for their eyes and their hearts to be opened. And please be with my brothers and sisters. Let them continue on their journey and help them to spread your word to others in a positive and loving way. May you keep their hearts in the right place and their minds filled with the knowledge and words they need to bring others to you. May you comfort those in need and lead those who are lost to your light. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment