Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Father's Day

With everyone posting about Fathers Day, I figured I should say something as well! I unfortunately do not know my father but have been blessed with many men in my life that have shown me what real dads are! My grandpa was the first! He was great! That man gave so much for all of us and got so little in return. Oh the things I would redo if I had the knowledge and maturity then as I do now! It's been almost 13 years and I miss that man more than I can even believe. And then my husband! I was so lucky to find a man that loves me as much as he does. And the work he does to take care of us, literally overwhelms me. I don't know how he does it! And when I see him with our children and the joy and love and the complete trust they have in him I could not love him more. Thank you Nick for being the kind of daddy that I always wanted my children to have! And then there is Nicks daddy Randy. He was taken much too soon and there is a hole in all of our lives that will forever be missing until we see him again one day! I know he would be so proud of all of his boys and the men they have become. And Earl. Thank you so much for being Papa to our kids! The fact that you are the only grandpa in their life, when you didn't have to be, is more than enough but the fact that you love them so very much is overwhelming. They adore you so much and I can't thank you enough for being a part of our lives! And I am so grateful for you! And there are so many more! Uncle Leroy, Jeffrey, Jonny, Nathaniel! I am so proud of the men you all are! I see you with all of your kids and I can not believe how great you all are! As they say, anyone can be a father but it takes someone special to be a daddy! And you all are very special and I love you all! And tho I don't know my earthly father I am lucky enough to know my heavenly father! And there ia no greater blessing or love then His! How wonderful it is to have a father that loves me so much that he would literally die for me! It is an amazing feeling to know that as much love that I have for my own children, it doesn't even come close to the love He has for us! There is a great peace in knowing that though I don't have a daddy here, I have one beside me that will never leave me and that loves me more than I can possibly imagine!
Happy Fathers Day to all the daddys out there! And a very special wish to the mommy's who are daddy as well as mommy, and the daddys that didn't have to be! Your strength is beyond admirable and you are truly special people!

No comments:

Post a Comment