Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Be Strong & Courageous

A good friend asked me today how I still believed in God after all of the horrible things that had happened to me as a child. My response to that is always 'how can I not believe'. If there is an evil, which I know there is, then there must be a good. I know why bad things happen. I know why bad things happen even to the best of us. I don't like it. But I accept it. I have my faith to comfort me in the face of evil and sorrow and fear and everything else this world throws at me. I understand how people don't believe. I really do. But when the absolute worst happens I couldn't imagine not having Him to lean on. My husband, children, friends and family can only do so much. My hope. My comfort is in the Lord. I am never completely happy or satisfied in my life unless I am in an active relationship with Him. I know that no matter what, I can turn to Him. That when I hit rock bottom and I have no way out I can lean on Him and let Him take the wheel, and I will be okay.
But it's hard. Especially when you get news you can't understand. When one moment everything is fine and the next you're left gasping for breath from the punch life just gave you. It's hard. And I hate it. And I'm struggling to accept things and be positive and not let evil win this round. But again, it's hard. So please pray for understanding and comfort and hope and healing and everything else that we all could possibly need right now.
And to my family and friends hurting and scared right now, know I am praying for you. Know that no matter what petty fights or squabbles or hard feelings any of us may have with each other, we are family and you are loved and things will be okay. I am grateful to be a part of this family even if the whole lot of you are quite possibly certifiably insane! Just remember to take it all one day at a time and have faith and lean on one another and on Him.

Deuteronomy 31:6 “ …Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment