Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Little Old Pitcher


It doesn't look like much to any one else. Just an old 1970's basin and pitcher set. But to me it's so much more. There was one just like this in our home growing up with my grandpa. Yes it was missing the bowl and the handle was broken off but it was always somewhere in our home, usually on my grandpa's dresser. It was too wide to fit in the place of honor along with the rest of his treasures in his cabinet. So it floated about here and there throughout the years. I didn't think much about it growing up but now that he, along with our childhood home is gone, it means a lot. I don't know where the original ended up (I'm sure in a dump somewhere) and while this is just a duplicate everytime I look at it I will remember my grandpa and the happy memories of my childhood with him. Thank you dear for getting this for me. Not only will I remember my grandpa when I look at this I will remember why I love you so much and how much you really love me. Who knew that a little old pitcher and basin set found in a dusty flea market could mean so much!


You can vaguely see ours in the above picture of me and my grandpa. It's on top of the TV turned so that you see the white side.

No comments:

Post a Comment